One week of pure disconnect from emails, phone calls and the rush of work…
In the middle of nowhere but not far from several very Spanish, very Andalucian villages and towns, Cortijo Las Rosas is the place to find true tranquility and impeccable comfort.
Set with much decorative gusto, Las Rosas has nearly everything going for it:
– 3 separate houses (we stayed at Casita Liebre, the photogenic most ancient part of it all) with private court (great for lunches and dinners) and all equipment needed to hold a fort with the option to stay in the sun, in the shadow or in the refreshingly chilled interiors.
– A swimming pool – feeling very cold at first but gaining grade upon grade every visit to eventually become the ideal pool – with space to sun-bathe or enjoy a romantic dinner or just some drinks against delicately sun-soaked tiled walls.
– A magnificent garden around giving the pool a surreal wallpaper of a touristic postcard for romantic hermits and trekkers.
– And again a location that brings you near: a lake that is more of a beach than the coast around Almuñecar, lovely quaint little towns (Iznajar and Priego de Cordoba), a Michelin style restaurant in Algarinejo, and miles and miles of proud olive groves set against the hills of Andalucia’s intimate countryside.
– Not to mention the owners (Gillian and Marylynne)’s fantastic hospitality, responsive by email and warm and helpful in person; providing extremely clear guidelines to reach the house (which was helpful considering GPS reception is not great there); helping with any practical or cultural question about the house or the surroundings and having prepared a fantastic manual/guide for guests; kind and helpful every bit of the way and very respectful of and attentive to guests’ privacy and needs.
If you are up for reconnecting to your deeper self and forgetting about all the toxic buzz of our busy urban lives, come and enjoy ‘Las Rosas’ to the max as we did!